Many have asked how Anju likes the cold. Long story short, she doesn't. She is cold. We are also cold. The temperature has been 15 to 20 below with wind chills up to 40 below. She is very happy to see snow out the window, and I even opened one briefly so she could feel it and she made her "oooo" face and giggled. But it's just too cold to take her out in it.
I'm sure she's confused why I don't take her out every day--since at Ashraya they played outside every day. Today she brought me her hat and coat and shoes and showed me where my coat was. She did the same yesterday. The positive side is that she used to cry to see her coat--so I'm glad that she now sees it as a ticket to leave.
We had progress today, as I went to the bathroom without her. I told her where I was going, and left the door open. She started to crawl after me--but something caught her eye in between the living room and the bathroom, and she stayed to play with it. Of course she could see me, and glanced up every couple seconds, but I finally made my 2 minute bathroom trip without an "assistant".
This post contains nothing of an emotional nature so that my friend, Mary, can read it in her highly expectant state without crying.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Thanks Amy. I appreciate the thought! Hope you are all feeling better.
Post a Comment