Thursday, December 4, 2008

Yes sir, that's my baby!

Last night's Advent service was a circus in my pew. The two older kids were having a marker fight and needed to be disciplined, and Anju kept trying her Houdini act by trying to dive under the pews and crawl away or make it to the aisle to walk up front holding onto the ends of the pews--in true Solveig style. She was also quite vocal--mostly happy noises unless I was trying to restrain her. Sorry, Pastor Daddy! When I got home I felt like I had been juggling for an hour--and I suppose I had! She slept well, though---and so did I.

Anyway, this morning, I was playing with Anju with a Fisher Price star stacking toy. It's like the classic stacking donut set where you put the various circles on the big rocking stick--only this is the updated 2003 version Jonah got for his first birthday that is electronic and plays music when you put the stars on the stick. Well, it took Anju all of 2 minutes to realize that she needed only to press the button on the stick to get the music--no need to place the stars on. So, I must proclaim my baby to be a genius. Obviously this is the only conclusion. :-)

3 comments:

Aaron Tague said...

That is hilarious. Kids are certainly a circus act no matter how old they are or where they are. I have felt that same embarrassment many times at church, in the grocery store, and other public place. Too cute!

PJ Academy said...

Genius for sure!!!

theMom said...

Re " When I got home I felt like I had been juggling for an hour "

All I can say, Amy, is, "Welcome to my world!" Hee, hee, hee!

Mary