Sweeti did not eat anything at supper. She is not eating. I hope she is fine on just milk. I know from experience that if she gets hungry enough--she will eat. She has gotten a bit sniffly--and she has been pulling at her ears--so I wonder if she has an ear infection or something making her extra fussy. Hopefully if this is the case the doctor she sees tomorrow can help.
She is a sweet girl--but right now we can't tell what is fright, illness, personal preferences, or general baby fussiness. It is hard to get suggestions on general baby care from strangers when we know all too well how to care for an infant. The nice mother of the house we are staying at heard her crying and was worried that we did not know to change her diaper. How great it would be if that were the problem!!!If only we had the resources of home--a bathtub, a crib, a car seat, access to milk and food and a store when we need it, our family doctor--and quit being in new surroundings--I'm sure Sweeti would settle in more quickly. Try taking a baby you've known 3 days on vacation!
I am anxious about shopping/sightseeing with Sweeti as I don't know what she wants. I don't know where to go to get what she needs. I'm not sure how to deal with a taxi driver who doesn't speak English and has different cultural expectations of what will occur.
While I'd like to say that we are having the time of our lives here in our exotic location--it is quite stressful to be so ignorant. Jennifer and Brooke--be prepared for that. Americans who make less than $250,000/year (take that, Obama) are not used to being served hand and foot. We carry our own bags and do our own laundry and go to the store ourselves. So it can be stifling having to ask for whatever we need. I feel like I don't want to be bothering them. I'd rather be independant. And for someone who likes to plan--I have no idea what will transpire these next few days. Everything is up in the air. We will muddle through. And in 4 days we will fly home.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Amy,
For all who read your blog I am sure we all feel your frustrations. Please know that you are in our continued prayers, and that the next four days will go by quickly and the ups outweigh the downs.
Everything is so new to Sweeti that we can only imagine her frustration and fears. But one day this too shall be only a story to an ends.
We praise God along with you, Shawn and your children at home that He has seen fit to bless not only Sweeti but your family as well.
We appreciate your updates, again it takes me back to our first days with our 2 adoptive children's first days with us. When we picked up Jared we had to make a 1800 road trip home. Staying in a hotel that was so..... well let's just say not so clean and oh so small. So small the front door bumped into the only bed in the room. Needless to say we took our own blankets and put them on the beds.
God be with you all!!
Stephanie
Post a Comment