We got our pictures taken at Walgreens (very nice pictures for a very nice price--if you need passport/visa pics, find a Walgreens!) and then sent off our visa applications at the UPS store next door. It is supposed to take 5 business days once the Indian Consulate in Chicago receives them to have them sent back out to us---so we should not have any problems getting our passports w/visas back in time.
We also bought a bunch of stuff at Target--and, since I've been getting questions at church about what types of baby things we need--I also registered for a few things at Target while filling my cart with Immodium, travel toilet paper rolls, sink packets of Tide, oral rehydration powder and the like. I didn't get everything on the registry that I had thought of at home, as I was trying to accomplish a lot of India-trip-shopping, regular haven't-been-to-Bemidji-in-a-month shopping, and what-does-a-toddler-need-when-we-get-home shopping at the same time. I'll have to go back and add some books etc. later.
I'll tell ya it did feel weird throwing the sippy cups and diapers in the cart after such a long baby hiatus. And all the lice/anti-diarrheal/toilet paper/medication in the cart made me feel kind of like a leper or something at the checkout. For all you Monk fans--I bought about 6 packages of anti-bacterial wipes for the trip since nothing in India is really sanitary. I also bought sanitary liners for the airplane trays for when we have Sweeti--so she can eat finger foods off it without getting sick (although her stomach can probably take the bacteria while ours can't.) I'm not bringing my own Sierra Springs bottled water, though! Ha!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Amy! I am so glad Jennifer sent me the link to your blog. I love reading more about your plans and updates. I am glad to hear that the aid boxes you received weren't horrible. Can't wait to hear more. . .
Post a Comment