Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Aid Box

Our box of aid from AIAA arrived today. It is 20 pounds of things for the orphanage for us to bring--it includes 3 build-a-bears, several developmental infant toys, a set of plastic building toys and 20 or so outfits sized 6 months-4T. I put the items as compactly as possible in a large suitcase, and it is 3/4 full. So, I guess we will have a piece of checked luggage with the aid items and whatever liquidish things can't go in our carry-ons! I didn't want to check anything, but things like lice shampoo (yes, yuck) can't go in our carry-ons because of airline security, so they'd need to be checked if we brought them. And, I'm not really excited about running around India asking locals where the lice shampoo is sold. Imagine if I had to act that out! So we will just pray that the luggage stays with us through all our connections.

My husband and my brother picked up a new digital camera at Best Buy when they were at the Mall of America Monday night. So now, we will be able to post pictures to this blog while we are on our trip. Now we're almost into the 21st century--but still holding onto our cassette players and VCR's!!

I'm off to get my Hep A shot this morning. I stayed up late last night trying to find non-stop flights from the US to India. Not a lot of choices--but it's time to get serious about this!! I also had a dream last night where we were meeting Sweeti for the first time....and now this morning I feel renewed to tackle all the remaining paperwork and research and thought and effort still needed to get her home.

No comments: