Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday Girl

Anju with "Baby Anju" and "Baby Solveig"

Today, my Anju Grace is 3! She fully understands that it is her birthday, and has been talking about it for weeks. When she woke up this morning, the first thing she wanted was help making a "3" with her fingers, as her thumb and pinky were having trouble staying together. She said, "Now I not 2 anymore. My 'bird-day'!"

She went potty and got dressed, and I asked her if she wanted breakfast. "No beckfist. My Dora cake for my bird-day." So, apparently at 7 a.m. you should get chocolate cake on your birthday. Not a bad idea, actually, but since I had yet to bake it, I received a very evil 3-year old look. She helped me stir it up around 8 a.m., and her mood improved.

Shawn called her birthday into the local radio station, and she was very excited to hear "Anju Stafford of Lengby is 3 today," on the radio. "He know my bird-day!"

We're going to story time at the library soon, and then will have birthday supper/cake/gifts tonight with the kids.

I found some vintage Strawberry Shortcake wrapping paper (1978) at the local thrift sale in perfect condition to wrap some of her gifts with. I was thinking, this morning, as I wrapped, that this paper was produced when I was 3. Weird thought.

We are extremely thankful for our little Anju and are so blessed to have watched her grow emotionally, physically, intellectually and spiritually this past year. We are ever thankful to her first family for giving us the opportunity to help this precious lamb reach her full potential. As they are possibly thinking of her this week (her birthday is estimated), I pray they feel peace with their decision, and somehow know that all is well with her.

Happy Birthday, Anju!

2 comments:

Grandma R said...

Happy Birthday to our dear Anju!!! It sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day!!! Love and blessings.

Brooke said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful and charming Indian princesses that I know!