She posed like a true model, and although she was very serious through the whole shoot, she would laugh and smile when the photographer tickled her mother with the "tickle wand" or when she saw her Daddy play peek-a-boo with her doll, Daisy.
At the mall after the photo session, I was looking in JoAnn in the scrapbooking section (again, motivated by guilt in combination with a great sale) and ended up next to a grandma-looking lady who was admiring Anju. It turns out she has a granddaughter the same age as Anju who is also small for her age, and quickly in our conversation it came out that she also has a granddaughter who will soon be 5 who also has the same type of spina bifida Anju has. With one child born with lipomyelomeningocele in every 10,000 births, it isn't really an everyday occurrence.
And, this child lives not far from a good friend of mine in the San Diego area. In fact, the picture she showed me of the girl was taken at the Wild Animal Park only a few miles from my friend's home! Hopefully this mom will contact me, as her child is struggling with toileting issues and this is something I've done research on.
So, my "mom guilt" gets me some beautiful portraits of my princess, and some networking with another sb family. Maybe there is a purpose to it after all?




2 comments:
YAY for pictures!!!!!
I have them just need the motivation to actually do something with them :)
Sadly I have walked away from the computer and can't remember what else the post said that I wanted to comment on LOL!!!!
I have done the same thing :( After your first, the number of pictures you take starts to wane. At least you bought the scrap books and went to the mall to get the pictures taken!
All my pics are on the computer. I really should get them off, but I can't motivate myself to do so.
Good work!
Post a Comment