Thursday, April 1, 2010
Officially American!
Anju's certificate of citizenship arrived in the mail today. We got a letter a week ago saying that she was approved at USCIS to receive the certificate, but we had to surrender her green card first. So, we now have a huge certificate (suitable for framing) to prove she is an American. At $420, it is one of the most expensive pieces of paper I've ever held!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
It is a wonderful piece of paper. I am rejoicing that it has arrived!!!
Nah, your I-171H was more expensive, LOL.
Funny thing, we got Manu's US passport in the mail yesterday, so now we too have proof of citizenship. We'll file for the USCIS document shortly, but I guess I have to wait for Maun's green card to come back from the passport office. Too bad, I was kinda hoping we could keep that as a souvenir, but we still have his Indian Passport at least.
Congrats!
That's a framer for sure! I read your posts and Jeff & Leslie's and my brain starts hurting. Just give me my boy, and then I'll call upon you guys to tell me what to do next, okay?? We STILL haven't readopted Dosen--2 years later. With Ethiopia it is required but essentially just sometime before he is 18.
Wow! It only took them 5 months to process and produce your certificate??? I think that one would be worthy of a frame. Now can you get your post placement deposit back from the agency? Congratulations!
Hmmm reading Jeff & Leslie's comment I wonder if we ever got #4's Green Card back???
Anyhow YAY YAY YAY!!! Dare we say "YOU ARE DONE with Anju paperwork"!!
Time to start again Momma!!!!
Congrats, Anju!
Post a Comment