Between Anju's appointments, Jonah and Solveig's field trips, Solveig's piano recital and school music concert, Jonah's Kindergarten graduation, VBS planning (first week of June), church meetings, community events, trips, confirmation and graduation open houses, city clerk responsibilities, and Memorial Day plans, I barely have time to sleep, do laundry, cook, clean and all those other fun things---emphasis on the sleep.
Yesterday Shawn attended a study club with a couple other pastors in Bemidji while Anju and I got her orthotics fitted. Then we ran around Bemidji looking for shoes that they would fit in that woudn't make her look like a clown. Just when I was about to ask where the foam red nose and squirting flower section was, we found a pair that are suitable. She's not crazy about them, especially wearing them in the house since we are a barefooot kind of family, but I'm sure with time she'll grow used to them. I bought her all kinds of new socks to wear with her new shoes and she is very excited about the socks. The girl loves socks for some reason (obviously not my genetic child-ha!).
Today she went to her doctor for her pre-anesthesia exam. Her doctor (also from India) says she can tell she is growing healthier and filling out and is developing emotionally in an appropriate fashion. She has no developmental concerns. Anju was even able to blow bubbles at the doctor's office which they found impressive for her age. We also had her dr. fill out the medical form that we need to send to LSS to finalize the adoption. At least this one time we could kill two birds with one stone!
Tomorrow Anju and I leave about 6 a.m. for Fargo where she needs to check-in on the pediatric floor of the hospital at 8:30 for her 10:30 MRI/CT etc. appointment. Please pray that she does fine under the general anesthesia and that the results of the scans are positive. Anju and I will be missing Ladies' Aid and the VBS meeting tomorrow night after our long day. We just can't hit them all.
Anju has developed an attachment to her fuzzy Tweety bird blanket (one of Jonah's baby gifts) and stuffed monkey she got for her birthday the past week or so. She needs to drag the blanket and sometimes monkey around with her during the day. She also is sucking her thumb more now. I am reading a book about raising int'l adopted kids, and it said that having a comfort item or "lovey" like an animal or blanket and dragging it around is a sign of attachment to the mother, since these items come to symbolize their mom to them. Many adopted kids from other cultures don't have a special toy or blanket because they are indiscriminate about what/who comforts them. So, I'm taking this as a good sign. She also likes me to wrap her up in the blanket and play "baby". I rock her and kiss her when she is all bundled up in the blanket and she says and signs "baby" while I say "Anju is my sweet baby"...etc. She smiles and laughs and sometimes says "mama" and kisses me too.
I'm off to address a mailing to my city's residents about this Saturday's clean-up day---if Elmo can be entertaining enough to buy me a half hour. Hoping all is "exciting and new" with you all!




No comments:
Post a Comment