The kids and I are leaving in a few minutes for another road trip! This time we're going to meet my parents in North Dakota to visit my dad's growing-up area and honor my great-uncle Martin who gave his life in WWII at the Memorial Day service at the cemetery. I am happy to introduce Anju to her Rasmussen roots (ha!) and to reinforce the importance and honor of sacrifice and patriotism in my older 2 kids.
We'll be staying at Red Willow Bible Camp in rural Binford in a house-like cabin, so should be able to enjoy s'mores and grilled hamburgers and all the camping stuff without being quite so rustic this early in the season.
Hope you all enjoy the Memorial Day weekend--not forgetting the men and women it honors.
1 comment:
I'm so impressed that you do these primitive things without Shawn. Joe just found out that he will be unable to come with when we pick up Jeremy and attend a cousin's grad party this week and I am feeling overwhelmed. I can't imagine handling an entire camping type thing on my own. Someday soon, perhaps, my boys will be able to handle the "guy" part for me. I'll even have a driver in a little over a year! Yikes!
Post a Comment