Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Prayer police

So, what's going on with Anju? Well--she's quite busy growing excessively (must be 5 or 6 inches at this point), eating excessively, loving her mama excessively, and learning excessively. She is learning words and signs rapidly. She needed help getting the backing off of a foam sticker, so I taught her the sign for "help" (one hand open the other in a fist with thumb up, flat hand pushes thumb hand up) and then took the backing off. She grabbed another sticker and signed back, "emp" with both flat hands moving up. So, the sign isn't perfect, but she's got the meaning and motion down.

She likes to draw our attention verbally and with pointed finger who is not behaving during prayer time. She is our little prayer police- making sure all hands are folded, eyes are not wandering, and lips are moving appropriately. Her siblings really appreciate this. She loves praying- as soon as she is in her high chair, hers are the first hands folded. Even at night time, when she knows this is the "end" and she'll have to go "bye-bye", she is excited to pray.

Anju loves yogurt and sour cream and cool whip all of a sudden. The three were not good, and then all three were incredibly good suddenly a couple days ago. She also likes to eat spaghetti sauce as soup. While her siblings like ramen noodles plain with butter and parmesean cheese, she likes hers with curry powder or sesame oil or some of the dreaded seasoning packet the noodles come with that I've rarely used. She loves her Nido (milk powder we gave her in India) that we can get locally at Wal-Mart.

I can hear the struggle going on downstairs and Shawn keeps saying- "Mama, are you ready??", so off I go to spend another day with my Sweeti!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love it! The prayer police- hey, we need one of those ;) She sounds like a doll. I just got the card you sent and about cried when I saw your name on the envelope. Thank you for your great encouragement. I can't wait to meet in real life in a few months :)