Anju has finally had a successful bath. It started out as a "visit" to sister in the bathtub. Thought we'd try that again. Anju seemed engaged, so I set her outside the bathtub standing and holding onto the sides. Solveig started playing with her. After a few minutes, I took off her shirt and Solveig put the sudsing bar (Johnson's and Johnson's) on her arm. Anju giggled at the suds left behind. A little while later, I took off her pants. So she's standing outside the bathtub in her diaper getting pretty wet by this time. Then I took off her diaper. There was concern at this point. Some fussing. I put her inside the tub in not much over an inch of water and she stood and held on from the inside. Solveig stayed in and played. Pretty soon Anju was giggling and allowed herself to be washed. She pointed to where she wanted the soap and we put the soap there. Her hair was washed and rinsed before she even realized it and she didn't want to get out. She enjoyed filling the nesting cups with water and pouring them back out again. She would not sit down--only stood--so I was a "Nervous Nelly" the whole time and only let her be in for about 5 minutes. All the giddiness with the slippery tub and standing up made the mom in me on high alert.
So, next time we'll try bath time with Solveig again and slowly wean her to bath time alone. I'm glad Solveig is a willing participant in this adventure!
Happy birthday, Ryan!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Siblings are awesome motivators. What a blessing to have an older sister who can help out :) Glad to hear about your success!
Post a Comment