During Solveig's piano lesson tonight, Jonah and I stayed home and played with Anju on our couch for about a half hour. The whole time we played, "Where is Pup Pup?" Anju would shove her puppy "Pup Pup" down into the crack of the couch cushion and shrug her shoulders with one hand in the air as if to say "Where is it?" Then Jonah and I would try to find it in funny places, like down her shirt or in a place it could never fit- like inside a tiny candle holder. Then she would point to the crack in the cushion and pull it out, laughing how dumb we were. Then she would kiss Pup Pup on the mouth and shove her back in the couch. I swear, we played this for a half hour, her always hiding Pup Pup in the exact same place. Jonah did a great job of humoring her--I figured he'd bore of this baby game, but he had fun pretending to look.
Her sister did the same thing, and it reminded me how toddlers at this stage will play hide and seek and hide in the same place over and over, not realizing that if it worked once, it won't be a good place the 3rd or 4th time.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment