These are the moments you cling to when you're having a bad day. When she's angry because she can't watch Elmo 24/7. When she's upset you don't have a block of cheddar in your purse during church. When she only wants to be held while you are standing up, not sitting down. When you've given your all and she needs more and you just don't know how you can do it.
"For each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." I think of Newton's wisdom often, which not only applies to physical laws of nature, but I believe the interpersonal laws also. How wonderful that we have reached the point where for each of Anju's not-so-pleasant actions, there is another opposite one to balance it out. I know I'm interpreting Newton very loosely (hope no Aspies are reading) but it comforts me, so deal with it! (One could also then say, that the degree of my reaction to her action is equal in intensity to the original action, which is probably true, but not my point here.)
Can you tell I'm a hard science dropout and a social science major??




1 comment:
Yeah! I am so glad that the positive interactions are increasing to help you wade through the rough waters. Sometimes I want a block of cheddar during church too. Can't blame her for trying :)
Post a Comment