Thursday, April 16, 2009

The big day!

 Today is Anju's big day!  We are hectically packing, washing, organizing and repacking what Anju unpacks for our trip.  We will pick up the kids at school in 3 hours, and then we're off to Moorhead to spend the night at a hotel with a pool and celebrate the transition from one to two with our Sweeti (she'll always be my sweetie).  

Today I am reminded of our trip to the airport in Bangalore as we were leaving the city.......How I thought about Bangalore as Anju's hometown, and that somewhere out there she was leaving her first family's presence.  I pray that her birth family, and especially birth mother, has peace this week, as they remember Anju's birth and the difficult decision to make an adoption plan for her by bringing her to the nuns five days from now.  I pray that they know that this child is a beloved daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, cousin and friend to many, and that she is deeply loved and wanted.

I am somewhat apprehensive about her long medical appointment tomorrow with multiple doctors, but trust that God will direct us as we learn more about her condition and make the necessary plans for whatever tests or surgeries may be in store.  

We are also excited to be celebrating Anju's great-great grandma's 100th birthday this weekend.  How wonderful to have the birthdays of a brand-new Stafford and a very established one the same week!

We are hoping to have internet access on the trip, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy 2nd birthday, Anju! May God watch over you all as you travel. We're praying all goes well at the dr.appt.

Brooke said...

Amy, I know how it feels to sit through lengthy medical appointments and make decisions about future care. I am asking the Lord to show you His plans for Anju and her treatment. I pray that the trip will be enjoyable and a testimony of adoption to all those you meet :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Princess Anju!!!!! We are praying too that all goes well at the medical appointment tomorrow and for safe travel for all. Love to all, Grandpa and Grandma R

Joseph Abrahamson said...

Happy Birthday.