Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Snow Daze


For those of you who don't live in the northern US, this is what spring looks like in N. MN!

The view from my bedroom window (second story) yesterday afternoon.

Jonah entertains Anju Tuesday with baby Legos--good job, Jonah!

After having gone sledding twice last weekend, 
Anju spent quite a bit of time Monday in the kitchen
 "sledding" on my dustpan across the floor.  What a card!

Anju, "baby" and Pooh bear

Yesterday the kids had no school.  Today they have no school again.  We had over a foot of snow yesterday in the "big midwestern-plains" blizzard and it's blowing around today and very cold- windchills in the 30 below range.  The drifts outside are in the 3-4 foot range and actually are quite beautiful--much like the sand dunes we saw in Michigan a few years ago.  So, there has been a house full of activity here which will continue today!!!  

The older kids had the opportunity yesterday to earn money through cleaning their rooms and "babysitting" Anju.  I was actually able to accomplish 4 loads of laundry yesterday and clean one bathroom while the kids took turns occupying her.  She even played with Jonah for a long time--not all in one chunk, but long enough to do what I needed to do.  I snuck away when Jonah watched an Elmo DVD from the library with her, and Anju didn't notice for ten minutes.  I only get about 2 minutes max when I'm by myself.  So, it was a win, win, win, win situation--the kids each got money to spend at garage sales, I got some stuff done and had a moment's peace, and Anju got playmates.




2 comments:

PJ Academy said...

Garage Sales!!! FUN FUN FUN!! Soon right?

It is cold here....no snow but cold! I am reading to not NEED the furnace!

Brooke said...

10 minutes sounds successful :) Sounds like that babysitting money was worth it!