It seems as though at least one kid missed me as well. For when the car pulled into the garage on Sunday night and I opened the door, Anju excitedly shouted "Dad'n, dad'n." She waved her arms excitedly like she does when Solveig gets off the bus. Amy said Anju had been asking for me on the way home. I'm glad she remembered me after all those days with just Amy.
On Tuesday, it was my turn to be home with Anju alone all day. Amy had a liquor license meeting in Park Rapids which she attended with the city treasurer and mayor (ironically, Baptists). So I got Anju up and changed and fed her. We usually eat breakfast together, so that part was routine. She did not like it that Amy wasn't around but did not fuss much. We played and wrestled and listened to music. When I would get tired out, I would put on an Elmo movie for her. I didn't get any work accomplished, other than a couple phone calls to fellow pastors. The best part of the day for me was after lunch when Anju fell asleep in my lap for over a half an hour. It was nice to have a little one snuggle up and fall asleep on me- it's been years since Solveig and Jonah used to do this. We have a picture from when Solveig was an infant in Oregon and she fell asleep with me holding her with one arm and reading the theological book "Eucharist and Church Fellowship in the First Four Centuries" by Werner Elert, which I held in the other hand.
Once Amy came home again, Anju dropped me like a bad habit and clung to her. She was glad to have mommy home. It was fun being her favorite parent (by default) while it lasted!




No comments:
Post a Comment