Saturday, March 28, 2009

My mom and dad sent me pictures of last weekend!!!

  
Here's some highlights:

Solveig, Jonah, Amy & Anju at Como Zoo

Wow, do I miss that brown grass now that I'm home in a winter wonderland again!
  I'm back to the winter coat, also  :-(  

A penny for your thoughts, Anju!

Fishies!

Looking at the sloth in the rain forest exhibit

It was hot and humid in there and all of us were sweating and uncomfortable to some extent--except Anju.  We all took off our coats and were still hot--she kept her sweatshirt on.  It reminded me of being at the zoo in Delhi suffering in extreme humidity and 90 some degree temps and seeing little kids bundled up in leather jackets.  

You all may have heard of the book, "Heather Has Two Mommies".  While this is not a commentary on that book (although I have comments) I often feel that when Anju grows up she may think the title of her scrapbook is "Anju Has No Mommy" because I am the resident photographer with a husband with a reputation for chopping off heads and making people need Dramamine if he takes videos.  Thanks again, mom and dad, for giving Anju evidence that she did have a mommy when she was little.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I am thrilled that you were able to have an enjoyable trip with your parents. It proves that you can successfully do a road trip with all 3 kiddos. Start thinking Indiana :)

Lisa Bohler said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful and love the Easter pictures that you sent! Have a blessed Good Friday!!!