Nothing much. The usual.
We had a half day of school on Thursday, and then no school Friday or Pres. Day Monday.
We had school conferences on that Thursday.
We had visitors Thursday-Monday, too.
We had a youth lock-in for church Sunday (Valentine's Day) through Monday, which my husband arranged and I helped out at.
Solveig is in a musical at school and has a lead role. So, there's been musical practice to pick her up from a few times a week........one time I wish she went to school a bit closer to home.
And ice skating for both kids. Only one more week left!
Oh yes, it's now Lent. That means my husband has 3 services plus Confirmation class each Wednesday now. I'll see him again at Easter, I guess.
When the crisper arrived by UPS at suppertime, somehow Anju and Jonah ended up jumping in and out of the box filled with those static-filled styrofoam peanuts and making a huge mess.
We got our new cell phone in the mail and we don't really understand how to use it. It didn't come with a manual, of course. You need to look up each issue online. Yay!
One child has been having behavior issues.
I've been working on a Lifebook for Anju to give her for her birthday and have been trying to come up with the right way to discuss the circumstances of her birth and how she came to live in an orphanage. I think I've got the wording ok, but I'm sure some adoption psychologist would have a better way.
I've had a toddler checking up on me a lot lately, too. I hear, "Whatcha doin', Mama?" pretty much every 30 seconds or so all day long and it really loses it's cute factor after about a half hour.
We've been watching the Olympics whenever we can. Whenever Anju sees a commercial for it, she yells, "Mama, it's on!"
So, as you can see, we're bored. Maybe something will happen soon that I can write about.




4 comments:
makes me smile. :o)
It is a busy time of year isn't it?
Haddie's "once every 30 seconds" phrase is "Momma, can you be her?" as she will hold out a doll or princess or Barbie or plastic animal for me to "be". I must then hold the toy - NEVER puting it down, and do the talking for it, while she holds some other toy and carries on a conversation between the two. Often it's quite fun, but lately I feel like I am turning her down 9 times out of 10 because I just can't play as much as usual as we're packing, etc...
ahhh.... ;o)
Just wanted you to know that you crack me up! :)
My 2 y.o.'s "every 30 seconds" phrase is: "mommy, I want to show you sum'ping."
B says "Mom LOOK" at everything and frankly it is driving me bananas LOL!!
I mean really do i have to look at you picking up another toy ;)
Even with nothing to talk about, you still manage to include a piece of your awesome sense of humor! Love it.
Post a Comment