Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tricks and Olympics

Shawn was able to pick up the bunk bed for Jonah on Thursday and we put it together on Friday afternoon. Anju immediately figured out some tricks on "Nona's new bed". She would come running in the living room to get me and say, "Watch, Mama! Watch Andu do tick!" and then we would go to Jonah's room and she would show me a trick--climbing a step onto the ladder and either flinging herself onto the bed or doing a little flip. Each one was followed with arms open wide and a "Ta-da!"

Today she told me 3 times during church or Sunday School that she needed to go potty. (I was informed it was not a "toiet", it was a "Mama potty". Well, now I know. The first two times she went she told me her poop "wasn't ready". Well, the third time was a charm. And upon hearing the splash in the toilet, out went her arms and, "Ta-da!"

This made the fact that Jonah found scissors in the Sunday School room between church and Sunday School and decided to give one side of his head of hair a trim much more bearable. I'm going to let him go to school like that a few days before fixing it.

The last night of skating for the Solveig and Jonah was set up as an Olympics. They were able to rotate from sport to sport, winning prizes like a carnival. There was bobsled, hockey, speed skating etc.---no ski jumping that I could see, however.

Solveig tries her arm at curling with a jug of water and a markered on target.

Jonah and snoopy built a Lincoln Log lighthouse.

We have had Olympic fever here at the Stafford home.
Here are our trusty Olympic-watching pals--ever present on our couch.

Solveig had difficulty staying awake to watch skating.

Anju enjoys watching with Pooh.
(Wearing a Solveig classic outfit from 2001)


2 comments:

The Stums said...

Maybe Jonah is an entrepreneur. I think there may be a market for haircuts at church. Getting ready on Sunday is when I usually notice my children need a trim. Hope Mr. Paul Mitchell has a good week with his new do.

Brooke said...

I waited months to hear "the splash!" So glad to hear that you are making great strides in the potty training adventure. Think. . . you may be out of diapers in the new future. What will you do with the money?