Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Supplies for India and Guests are on their way!

This Sunday, our Sunday School brought supplies to send to orphans associated with our church body in India.  We were able to collect school supplies for them last year and send them with traveling pastors, and our children were so happy to be able to send things to kids who would be excited over something as simple as a box of crayons. I think having Anju in their midst has made this endeavor seem so much more meaningful for them.  They aren't collecting for some mystical group of parent-less children somewhere across the globe, but for kids like Anju, who is one of them.  We mailed them Monday to an Indian seminarian who has finished his studies and is returning to India this week.  

Solveig and Jonah are very excited about their upcoming ice show, and the fact that we will have so many visitors this weekend to watch them perform both at the ice show and at their Sunday School program the following day.  Anju seems to sense the excitement in the air, and loves to practice "In a Little Stable" in preparation for the Sunday School program.

Dad, I'm getting ready for you! :-)

Yesterday I got 4 qts of apple pie filling, a pecan pie, an apple pecan pie, and a Scandinavian almond apple cake made.  We'll see how far I get today.  I did the "glutenous" stuff yesterday, and hope to accomplish some gluten-free treats today.  I figured having flour dust all over the kitchen would be a bad idea when I'm trying to make some treats that my sister-in-law can enjoy should she choose to do so.  

2 comments:

Grandma R said...

Yes, I can see that you are getting ready for Dad! I hope I get to try some, too!! Ha! They look very tasty!!!

Brooke said...

I knew Solvig was a skater (I loved the video of her last performance), but I had no idea Jonah was involved too. How exciting. I think it great that the they can both participate in an acitivity together :)

Anytime kids can get involved in something bigger than themselves is wonderful. I am glad that Anju can act as a poster child and make the experience meaningful for the kiddos.

Let us know how the ice show turns out :)