Friday, October 2, 2009

More about Letters

Anju has gotten in the habit of bringing me refrigerator magnets while I cook.  She brings me all the letter T's sometimes (we have multiple sets of letters and numbers on there).  This causes me to sing this song from Sesame Street:



She also sometimes brings me all the letter A's.  A few days ago she brought me two letter A's, and I made the mistake of saying, "one "A" for Amy and one "A" for Anju!" because now she's been calling me "Amy".  She'll yell up the stairs, "Aaaaayyyymmmeeeeeee".

Anyway, I find it interesting that she has a fixation on these two letters.  These are the only ones she brings me.  And always a bunch of the same one.  No mixing or matching.  

OK- now the serious part of the post.  This past week Anju has been making the sign for "hurt" or "owie", and pointing to her back.  She makes the sign for "kiss" and wants me to kiss her owie back.  I am hoping that this is not the beginnings of trouble with her tethered spinal cord- as this is one of the symptoms we were told to look out for.  Right now I'm kissing her back and sending her on her way like there isn't anything more to it.  I'm trusting that if it really is a persistant pain, she'll come back to me.  When I kiss it, she doesn't complain any more.

Things are going so well for her right now.  She seems to be blossoming in so many areas.  Her spinal issues just seem to be a cloud hanging over us.  We never know when -or if- the rain will come, and then we don't know if it will be a sprinkle or a tornado.  I guess we just need to appreciate these sunny days the Lord is providing us with, right?

Lotsa prayers for our friend Nisha and her family who have had discouraging medical news this week.  Keep them in your prayers.



1 comment:

Brooke said...

Many thanks for the prayers- really, what could be more important than prayer?

I can certainly understand the dark cloud of apprehension. You are right to observe. I think that wanting attention for owies (even those not visible) is totally common with the little ones. I understand your uncertainty and will be praying for God to bring clarity to the issue. A tethered cord is nothing for the Creator of the universe- right? That is what I keep telling myself ;)

Much love to you and Anju!