Anyway, what I'm here to announce is that waiting for us in our huge stack of city, church and personal mail that had accumulated in the past week was our magic letter from the court. We have a final adoption date! On September 9th at 1:01 pm, we will be standing in the Polk county courthouse before a judge and declared legally Anju's parents!!!!! We could not be more excited!! (I think Shawn is especially excited to be in court for a non-car ticket-related reason- ha!)
That date is the second day of school for our older kids, but I'm considering taking them out for the big day. Anyone reading this already have their finalization court date that could give us a "heads up" as to what will go on? It says to arrive prepared--whatever that means!




1 comment:
Yeah! I was thinking about you and your court status this morning :) Glad to hear you have an official date- CONGRATULATIONS! Nope, the attorney filed our paperwork, but I have no idea what actually happens in court. I tried googling, but didn't turn up anything particularly helpful???? Keep us updated :)
Post a Comment