
We completed Jonah's special birthday lunch of pizza pockets. Solveig headed upstairs to my bedroom to get the gifts for him we had wrapped this morning. She yelled down the stairs for me to come up. A "mystery" unwrapper had opened all the gifts on the bed. This person had torn packaging, ripped homemade crayon-decorated cards, and completely unwrapped the unused wrapping paper from the tube and left it in a heap on the floor. It looked like a wild animal had attacked. This event must have occurred while I was making the pizza pockets or stirring the homemade tapioca pudding the Birthday Boy requested. Hmmmm.....it WAS eerily quiet.
So, I feverishly re-wrapped the gifts in portions of the wadded-up wrapping paper off the floor and taped the cards back together. Jonah didn't seem to mind the terrible wrapping job--and neither did he care about the ripped packaging.
Anyone have a clue as to the identity of the mystery unwrapper?




2 comments:
Oh, no! That is too funny. At least she was playing happily and alone?????? Maybe not the independence you were hoping for, but still progress :)
I know, I Know...Pick me, Pick me!!!
Post a Comment