Saturday, July 18, 2009

Finalization Update

We got a letter from our court today, saying that they have received our petition, and filed our case.  As soon as they receive confirmation from DHS that our fingerprints on file pass the Adam Walsh statute (child abuse/criminal record), they will contact us to schedule a court date.

I have a bumper sticker on my car that says, "Motherhood is a proud profession".  I would say that adoptive motherhood is even more of a profession.  How many hours have been spent on paperwork and fingerprinting and finding notaries and searching the internet and library for information???  How many hours spent holding and comforting a grieving child?  How many spent inwardly digesting the things I have seen in my child's birth country?  I would say that I definitely consider my position as mother to be my full-time job--and with Anju I have often felt I've been working overtime.  

How wonderful it is to see this chapter, although exciting, come to a close as her final adoption looms near.  I know there are still hurdles on the horizon, but am anxious to get back to my basic job description- mom.


1 comment:

Aaron Tague said...

Rejoice that your finalization is much easier than mine ;) So glad your court date is soon approaching.

I can't totally relate to working overtime, although I don't really know when the job will go back to regular hours!

Very excited for you!