Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Quick Pit Stop Home

We're back!  I have some great pics of the kids with my grandparents and enjoying the Lake Superior area--but am too swamped right now to do the proper posts.  Hopefully, I'll have time before Sunday to get some/all of it done!

I'm busily unpacking and doing laundry, paying bills, helping arrange for car repairs, and all the other stuff that has to be done so that I can repack for our trip to Mankato for Synod convention on Sunday.  Shawn, Anju and I will be gone for 6 days or so, but the older 2 kids will stay with Shawn's parents after Mankato, so they need another week or so of clothes packed.  

We also have a man coming today from Grand Forks to check out our bathtub (the church is redoing it and we'd like to see if our bathtub can be refinished instead of replaced), the lady from the county re: speech therapy for Anju is coming at 4:15, a nursing home service (actually, the ladies are doing the monthly birthday party there--the churches all take turns) this afternoon, and a BBQ at another nursing home this evening.  Tomorrow we'll all venture into Fosston for library story time and free BBQ's at a new car center that's opening.  

Keep my dad in your prayers, who had a medical procedure done this week and is having a tough recovery...... also my mom who is his caregiver during these times.

To whet your appetite for further description of our short trip:  our adventure started when Jonah asked about 25 miles from home (we put on close to 800 miles on our car from Sunday to Wednesday), "Why do I have to sit next to a baby who sounds like a pteradactyl?"  as she whined about having to be in her car seat.

2 comments:

PJ Academy said...

It's a good thing Anju came home when she did.....you'd have a difficult time squeezing a trip to India in right now ;)

Brooke said...

Wow! You are certainly busy. Hopefully, things will quiet down and you will actually get a summer VACATION!