Friday, February 20, 2009

Assessment

Shawn talked to the Polk County nurse today, and she will be coming to assess Anju's development next Tuesday afternoon.  This way, Anju is not signed up for anything....we can get a good picture of where she is at and what she needs and the nurse will present what the choices available to us are after her assessment.

Anju's faves this week: her fuzzy scarf (really any fleece fabric), "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss, Valentine candy, and Elmo, which she saw for the first time this week and was mesmerized by.

Please keep Anju's friends at Ashraya in your prayers as the poor economy has been keeping some of them from finding homes.  Especially keep "Vee", the little boy with SB who was featured in the same waiting child article as Anju in your prayers, as he once again waits for a family.  This little boy was a joy to play with at Ashraya and was the one who kept calling Shawn "Auntie" when all the other kids called him "Uncle."  

1 comment:

Aaron Tague said...

Yeah for posting info promoting Christians standing up for orphans. Isn't that what we are called to do? LOVE IT. I actually don't remember Vee- where would he have been? Inside with the little toddlers? When I was there in January there were only a couple of the younger ones there. I remember 3 babies and then about 10 in the toddler/ preschool room. So precious. I never thought about the economy deterring people from adoption. Thanks for sharing!