The reality of what this means is now sinking in. I'm checking into airline tickets, but don't have exact travel dates--so can't book or know for sure what will happen. Right now it looks like about 22 hours in the air with flights from Bemidji to Minneapolis, then to Europe for a connecting flight to India. Likely European stops are either London or Amsterdam. Then in India, we will likely have to fly from Bangalore, where Sweeti is, to Delhi, where the embassy is once we have Sweeti. Then from Delhi, back through Europe, to Minneapolis to Bemidji. I'm concerned about many things about this trip. Planning it, booking it, paying for it, surviving the excitement of it all on the way there, and the unknown issues of traveling it all back with a new child I really won't know too well yet. Will they lose our luggage? Will we make the connecting flight? Will I be able to sleep on the plane?? I know, "Take it to the Lord in prayer!"
I'm getting Sweeti's things set up in the room she will share with her big sister. Luckily, our daughter was not short of baby/toddler clothes--so Sweeti is all set up. We just don't know what size she is. Her measurements at 15 months of age put her in the 3-6 or 6-9 month range of clothes. I don't know how much she has grown since then. So, her closet starts with a few 6-9 month things, and goes to 18 months for now. I figured it'd be easier to take stuff off hangers and put them away once she's here, than to dig through the boxes to get the right size. (Deciding which sizes to bring to India--now that's the problem.) The crib mattress is in our daughter's room, but the crib is still in the garage. Now we need to remember how to re-assemble it!!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment