Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Good news/ Bad news

I heard from our WACAP representative today, and she had mixed news. The good news is that she received the draft of our homestudy today from LSS. Now she can look it over and make sure it has all the India-required details. If it is ok, then LSS can send them a notarized copy for them to approve. Once it is approved by WACAP, we can put "I" on hold, so no other family can work toward his adoption. The bad news is that she informed us that another family now is also interested in the child we hope to adopt.

So, I have no idea if this family will decide to keep on pursuing him, or if they are further along in the process than us and will become his parents. They could have just requested his medical info or they could already have their homestudy approved. The first ones to sign the "hold" papers gets the chance to adopt him. Of course, the orphanage has to approve us, as well as India (CARA), so there could be a breakdown anywhere along the track. I know God will provide "I" with the parents he has intended and I am trying to have peace in that. Easier said than done!!!

Good news and bad news....nervous news.....life, huh?

No comments: