Thursday, December 2, 2010

Paying it Forward

You may recall that we found Anju through the website Rainbowkids, which features children with special needs needing adoptive homes, three years ago in an article written by Teri Bell of AIAA. The article featured 3 children with spina bifida at Ashraya: a child we were pursuing who ended up being adopted by an Indian couple, Anju, and our friend Vismay. How delighted we are that all 3 of these children found families!

Teri is the one who visited Anju at 6 months of age right after she had been transfered to Ashraya from Sisters of Charity. We have pictures and videos that she took at that time which are priceless to us, and of course, we would never have read the description of Anju if not for her article.


Anju's baby pictures- taken by Teri

So, I was thrilled that a recent phone conversation with Teri resulted in her using Anju's picture and a few quotes from me in order to help promote the adoption of two more special children at Ashraya who are waiting for homes in her new article.

I have seen pictures of the girl with spina bifida who is described, and she just beautiful. I know that her birthday is a month off of Anju's and that she also was at Sisters of Charity before being transferred to Ashraya. The surgery they describe that she recently had was one that was brought up at Anju's last sb appointment --- we are doing therapy at home to prevent Anju from needing it.

As Teri and I discussed, and she mentions in the article, Ashraya is not a home. No matter how well they care for the children (and this could be debated but let's just let it go, shall we?), there is nothing more important than the love and attention a family provides.

Please pray with me for the children at Ashraya who wait.

6 comments:

The Stums said...

This post is especially precious to me. Today is Vismay's birthday, and I cannot shake the thoughts of what those first days were like for him with a big surgery so soon in his life. Thank you for advocating for these super special children. Thank you for loving and praying for V before we even "met" him.

Much love!

PJ Academy said...

Continued prayers for them!!

The Mama said...

Continued prayers.

S. and Company said...

I am praying for them!!

S. and Company said...

Just wanted to stop by again to say Merry Christmas!
God bless you guys!
love,
Natalie

PS - I decided to update our old blog as well as open a new one for people interested in getting church planting updates.
The old one has the same addresss and the new one is www.ignitechurchnews.blogspot.com just in case you want to see them! :o)

Brooke said...

Oh, the faces are with me every night when I go to sleep. Thank you for helping advocate.