Sunday, March 14, 2010

Very Much

When it is time for Anju's afternoon nap, I grab her blankie and wrap her up in it, and I carry her upstairs. On the way, she usually says something like, "When Andu wake up, Nona Sobay be home." Probably, because that's how I convinced her to nap--she would be so anxious for them to be home starting about noon (and they don't get home until 4:30) that when she would fight her nap, I would remind her that the napping would make Solveig and Jonah come home quicker.

So, yesterday is Saturday. I carry her upstairs for nap time, and she says, "When Andu wake up.......". I can tell she's thinking. Solveig and Jonah are downstairs, not at school. ".....Andu's Daddy will be home," she says. Yes, he's in his office. Good save!

I tuck her in and say, "Yes, Daddy will be home. Daddy loves you very much, doesn't he?" And she replies, "Jesus loves me, too!" "Yes, he does," I tell her and start to leave the room. "Very much," says Anju. "Yes, very much," I tell her.

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma R said...

Oh, what a precious young gal. We love her very much. But no one loves like Jesus!!!

Our love to Sol, Jonah, Mommy and Daddy, too!!

The Stums said...

Very much indeed, sweet girlie.

Brooke said...

Job well done. I would say that is your most important job as a parent and obviously you can check that one off your list.