Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A New Hope

Our homestudy agency notified us a couple months ago that we needed a sponsor for immigration to approve us. They were on us to get an immigration form filled out to prove our income so we wouldn't need a sponsor, but I couldn't figure out how to fill it out, since you need the name and address of the immigrant, and we haven't identified an orphan yet. Well, then WACAP told me that the form LSS wanted filled out was the wrong one, and told us how it should be done. We had letters/documents notarized and shipped off the packet yesterday to immigration, delivery confirmation, priority mail, the works.

Well, what comes in today's mail??? We are APPROVED by immigration!!! So, all this worry was for nothing??? We were approved without proving a SINGLE THING!!! I am overjoyed not to have to worry about this...but it would have been nice to receive this yesterday morning before we paid to have all of our "official" documents sent to them.....anyway, HALLELUJIA!!!!

So, the combination of the burden of immigration approval being off my back and the prospect of getting a child from the new agency with no huge problems is a big relief!!!

The new agency got our homestudy yesterday, and read it, and immediately called confused. They didn't realize our homestudy had been done for India and we were ready to go....the woman had thought we had tried a different country, and that we'd have to have it re-written, so she was seeing if we were eligible for India. Anyway, she wondered why we were only interested in the little baby girl, and not the 1-year old boy based upon our homestudy and the needs we said we were interested in.

Turns out, she has not received any sort of notification from the orphanage that "I" has a home. We told her we had been pursuing his adoption, but that WACAP called us and told us he had been matched with an Indian family, and the orphanage had approved them to go forward. This lady said that the orphanage always notifies the other agencies that work out of the orphanage when a child has been matched so that they concentrate their efforts (correctly) on placing other children, and they haven't called her. They would have by now, because we were notified of this match Nov 19th or so....almost a month ago!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but she is e-mailing the orphanage and asking what is up. If he doesn't have a family approved, she will send them our info. She said she doesn't usually work Fridays, but that she is an early riser, and if she hasn't heard before then, she'll call the orphanage Friday morning.

This lady said, "Well, I'll find out, and then there is the baby that hasn't been released yet. If "I" has a home, we will send pre-approval forms to the orphanage, so that when she is ready with her paperwork, you will be immediately matched without advocating for her anywhere."

I am praying that something comes out of this. Either child. I feel that we made the right decision in switching agencies.

We should know Friday what is up with "I" and then make pre-arrangements for the baby girl, or send off a request for orphanage approval for "I".

So, hopefully this new agency will bring balance to the Force, and save us all!!! :-)

No comments: